I thought it would be fun to share my before bed routine with you and hopefully give you some inspiration to start one of your own.
Do you have an evening routine? I think it’s important to have one so you feel organized and ready for the next day. It also helps you unwind from the day and feel accomplished before you retire for the night.
Another important routine to have at night is a skincare routine or certain steps that you follow. Check out my post for the ultimate evening skincare routine/steps.
Below is my current routine. It changes from time to time, but this is what I am doing now. I hope this inspires you to create your own.
Prepare for tomorrow
- Look up weather for the next day
- Lay out outfit for tomorrow
- Pack snacks and lunch for work
- Clean up kitchen and start dishwasher
- Pick up stray items around the house and put them in their right place
- Shower or just remove make-up and wash face if you shower in the a.m.
- Brush teeth and floss
- Apply coconut oil to face and neck
- Diffuse essential oil (I like Lavender for evening) for relaxing benefits
- Read a book or watch t.v.
- Drink “sleepy time” tea
- Lights out by 9:30 (sleep is very important!)
I think having routines and checklists help keep your mind straight and you feel organized and that in turn makes you feel in control of your life (as silly as that may sound, it is true!)
What is your evening routine or what are a few things you do to make yourself organized for the next day? I would love to hear how everyone gets organized for the next day. Sharing is caring.