Welcome to 2019!! Happy New Year to all my readers. Time for fresh starts and new chances. Why not start by re-vamping your beauty regimen? I have a few tips that you can incorporate into your routine either in the morning or the evening.
- Always remove your make-up before going to bed – leaving your make-up on when you go to bed can cause damage to your skin during the night. Use a gentle eye make-up remover, a facial cleanser and moisturize your skin so it can breathe properly. Click on link above to check out the skin cleansing line in my Purely shop, an all natural products company.
- Use a night mask – switch off between your favorite night cream and a mask. Overnight masks work differently than a regular face mask. It treats the skin on a deeper level and with better results. I like this all natural organic sleep mask by Ongaro Beauty available at Amazon.
- Exfoliate your body and face a couple times a week – this is one of the most important steps you can do in your skincare regimin. Exfoliating gets rid of dead skin cells and increases blood circulation, which gives you glowing skin! I have a great sugar scrub recipe that is super simple to make at home and you can use it on your face and body. Click here.
- Wash your hair less – washing your hair everyday removes the natural oils in your scalp that you need to keep healthy looking hair. Start out slow by washing your hair every other day and increase the days in between washings gradually.
- Discover dry shampoo – it’s basically a powder in a can that absorbs the oil on your scalp and creates a clean, dry feeling just like if you recently washed your hair. I love it! My favorite is Batiste Dry Shampoo, it’s a light powder that blends well into your scalp with no powdery mess left in your hair.
- Sleep on a satin pillowcase – doing this helps keep your hair in place and helps smooth frizzies and reduces static. The satin eliminates the friction when you move your head around during the night, therefore reducing breakage of your hair.
- Use warm colors – what I mean by this is to wear browns, greys, nude colors as far as eyeshadows. It’s fine to add a pop of a bright or dark color on the outer portion of your eyelid and blend, blend, blend. One of my favorite eyshadow palettes is the Too Faced Sweet Peach Palette.
- Find the right foundation – you shouldn’t be wearing the same type of foundation you wore 10 years ago. There are many anti-aging foundations out there to choose from and be sure to ask for help when choosing the correct shade for your skin tone. I use the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation because it blends very well into my skin and looks flawless.
- Educate yourself – watch YouTube “how-to” videos on how to apply make-up on mature skin. As with foundation, we shouldn’t be applying the rest of our make-up the same way we were 10 years ago.
Well those are just a few tips on how to improve and re-vamp your beauty regimen for 2019. In case you missed it, I have a post that discusses 10 overnight beauty tips that you will want to incorporate into your routine as well.
What are you doing to re-vamp your skincare regimen? I’d love to hear about it in the comments.