The neck is one of the first parts of the body to show its’ age. Thankfully for many people, this area responds well to essential oil treatments. Essential oils can be used for so many purposes and anti-aging skincare is one of my favorite ways. Read more for the top anti-aging essential oils for the neck.
Just a quick introduction to the company where I am a natural products advisor. Purely has 100% pure, natural products and some of these products are essential oils.
Purely is an industry leader in the natural products industry. We support organizations and charitable givings that coincide with our mission to raise awareness and help eliminate slave labor practices and unfair wages to migrant workers around the world.
The neck area is delicate and should be cleansed with the same quality and care that you use on your face.
I have always treated my neck with the same care and treatment as my face, but I still have noticed it’s really showing its’ age since I’ve turned 50.
The shape of the neck area is very much an inherited feature and some people are just luckier than others…..me, not so much!
The biggest problem with neck wrinkles is that it’s very hard to treat them and undo the skin damage in this area. With that said, it’s very important to start treating this area today!
Here is what you need to know about preventing and treating neck wrinkles and how to use essential oils to age-proof your neck:
Top 6 Essential Oils for the Neck
- Lemon – is a natural detoxifier and contains antiseptic properties that aid in clearing up acne, but also tightens the skin, preventing wrinkles.
- Patchouli – regenerates new skin cells and this keeps the skin looking young, healthy and vibrant.
- Geranium – has astringent properties which allow skin tissues to tighten and contract. That helps in reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Ylang Ylang – well known for its’ anti-aging effects on the skin. It is rich in antioxidants which prevent free radicals that are believed to cause fine lines and wrinkles
- Clary Sage – has antioxidant effects and helps prevent proteins from being damaged by free radicals.
- Ginger – the holy grail of anti-aging treatments. It tightens pores and clears the skin of hyperpigmentation. It also stimulates the production of elastin and collegan fibers so that the skin gets more support.
Carrier Oil – Argan Oil
It’s very important to use a carrier oil, such as Argan Oil when applying essential oils directly on the skin. Essential oils are very powerful and you need a carrier oil to help diffuse them and also help them absorb into your skin. Argan Oil is a perfect partner.
Be sure to buy “pure” argan oil such as Purely’s Pure Argan Oil. Argan Oil is produced from the nut of an Argan Tree, which is only grown in the Southwestern Morocco.
Argan Oil Top 5 Benefits
It’s chockfull of essential fatty acids, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals that moisturize and soften as well as protect your face from sun damage.
- Rich in anti-oxidants
- Balances skin’s natural production
- Reduces signs of aging
- Stimulates circulation
- Can be used as a full body moisturizer
How To Create Your Own Serum
Here are the steps to create your own serum. You will need:
- 1 Tablespoon of Argan Oil
- 3 to 4 drops of essential oil
Mix the argan oil with the essential oil of your choice and pour it into a dark colored glass dropper. Shake the bottle to mix well.
The Proper Way to Apply Product to Your Neck
When it comes to treating sagging skin and wrinkles, there is a proper technique when applying your serum. Your goal is to minimize the impact of downward pulling of the skin of the neck.
The key is to ONLY use upward and sideways strokes. Use your fingers as well as your palms to apply the right amount of pressure to feel a physical pull upwards.
Tilt your head backwards and apply a generous amount of the essential oil blend to your neck and massage in an upwards motion.
Along with using these essential oils on your skin, there are other things you can do to help prevent more wrinkles:
- Get plenty of sleep, 7 – 8 hrs a night and spending the majority of that time laying on your back
- Always use sunscreen on your face and neck area
- Limit the time spent with your neck bent forward
- Be conscious of how you are looking at your laptop or cell phone. Don’t tilt your head down as this creates your neck to wrinkle and tends to give you an achy neck by the end of the day.
Essential oils work as a defensive remedy to prevent more wrinkles. They may not be as dramatic as a surgical procedure, but the results are long lasting and more affordable.
Have you tried essential oils for your maturing skin? I’d love to hear which essential oil you like the best.